Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FingerPaints Tiffany Imposter

There are a few colors I'm obsessed with. Mint greens. A certain shade of blue (okay, okay! MANY shades of blue). Teal. And Tiffany blue. China Glaze For Audrey was the first Tiffany blue polish I ever heard of, and it was the polish that reignited the polish fever I had in my teens and 20s. When I come across a new Tiffany blue, I usually have the same argument with myself... the one where I tell myself that I probably have something JUST like it in my stash. I lose that argument most of the time, and so Tiffany Imposter came to live with me a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, I am SO happy I got it. The formula on most shades like this is less than pleasant to work with. They usually are chalky and streaky, take three coats, and are general pains to get looking nice. This beauty was ALMOST a one-coater! Almost! I probably could have done one coat if I'd been more careful... which doesn't matter because I never do less than two because I think it makes my polish wear better, but that's not the point! It's got a great creamy texture that applies precisely right. I'm quite happy with the color too. It's slightly more greyed out than For Audrey, such a lovely, lovely color.




See? *sigh* So beautiful and serene. =)

I also did a comparison shot of Tiffany imposter with For Audrey and Ulta Mint Condition. They are more different than it looks in this photo, I swear! 



Hope this helps someone, possibly a fellow Tiffany blue fanatic out there! As always, thanks for stopping by! =)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sooo beautiful! Your pics are looking crazy amazing, and I love your little watermark! I'm way too lazy to watermark properly LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @cilucia You would flip if you knew the dinky little camera I'm using LOL

    The watermark thing is less of a pain than it was, I kind of set up a little template to use for it so I'm not retyping it every single time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ABSOLUTELY a fan of the same colors as you. I just ordered this (no Sallys nearby at all) and cannot wait! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this review! Just bought this and had to buy it. My names Tiffany so it's a my birthright..,.,now if I could just explain the rest of the polish hoarding :/ lol great blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!