Monday, May 23, 2011

Sally Hansen Turquoise Opal

Sally Hansen first introduced the Nail Prisms line in 2002. I remember seeing them back then and thinking they were pretty, but I was distracted by other things, and so I didn't really realize just how incredible they are. Fast forward to 2010. I regain my love of nail polish and become active on the nail boards over at MUA. When I saw my first photograph of Turquoise Opal, my breath caught in my throat a little bit. Some polishes do that... like you just can't believe you've seen something that beautiful.



The Prisms have long since been discontinued, but they started popping up in Dollar Tree, of all places. For over a year, I checked Dollar Tree every chance I got, and never, ever saw a bottle of any of the Prisms, much less Turquoise Opal. I was just about to cave and purchase it on eBay, for a price far higher than I would have ever thought I'd pay for a single polish. Just as I was pondering the cost difference between ordering Turquoise Opal from eBay and ordering a couple of Ozotics from Australia, I got a PM from my friend Aleksandra (Nola) over at Hedonism, Ltd. She and I had done a swap/custom purchase for each other a few months ago, and it was a completely delightful experience. In this PM, she told me not to spend eBay prices on Turquoise Opal because she had an extra bottle that she wanted to send me as a gift. After I regained consciousness, I told her that I would be happy to graciously accept such an incredible gift.



It came on Saturday, and I used it for the first time this morning. It took my breath away, just as it had in the pictures I'd seen of it. I will always, always treasure this polish, not just because of the color, but because of the kindness that was shown to me receiving this incredible gift. The girls in this nail polish community of ours really are incredible. 

And if you made it through all that blah, blah, blah, here's the beauty in action. Thanks for stopping by and for indulging me in my story of this most incredible polish!

These are all two coats of Turquoise Opal over one coat of American Apparel Peacock. Enjoy!










Pin It

2 comments:

  1. It is so gorgeous on you! I'm so glad to see you're enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nola Thank you!! Yes, I am loving it for sure! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!