Sunday, July 17, 2011

Catrice Dirty Berry

Catrice is a nail polish brand that I've wanted to try for a long time, but they are based in Germany and are not easily accessible in the US. As luck would have it, my swap partner over at Hedonism, Ltd. has gotten access to Catrice in her town, so she was able to send me over three of them in our last swap. Dirty Berry is the first one that I've tried, and if all of them are this good, I'll definitely be adding more to my collection!


Dirty Berry is a greyed out dusty purple shade, with a very, very faint holographic shimmer. You can barely see it even in bright sunshine, but it's there.


Frankly, I love this color so much that I wouldn't care if it didn't have the holo bits at all. I love these dustier shades, and this one is made more interesting by the holo texture, even if the holo itself isn't very apparent on the nail.


The formula is absolutely top notch. I did two coats, but I honestly think I had perfect application on it in just one coat. I'm a habitual two-coater though, so I did two.


I love, love, love the brush. It's one of those wider and flatter type brushes, though it's not as wide as the OPI pro-wide brushes. It makes the polish very, very easy to control, and I had to do very little clean up on it.



I really can't wait to wear my other Catrices now. Total love!

Hope you all are having a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Noelie, you scored again! :o) Are you sure you really have any ugly polishes? Love Catrice shades - try I Wear My Sunglasses At Night or Forget Me Not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh pretty! I hope one day I'm lucky enough to get my hands on some Catrices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pani Skeffington I am sure! But I don't want to wear the ugly ones! LOL. I actually have Forget-Me-Not as well, I just haven't worn it yet. =) I also have I Sea You! I love them to bits.

    @Laura Yes, this one is definitely amazing, and a unique snowflake in my collection. =) Make friends with someone in Europe! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must find this brand!!! Love it!
    www.cogghescorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!