Friday, October 21, 2011

Cheap Thrills International Edition - Guppy No. 13

I first heard about this brand of polish on the lovely Nihrida's blog. That very same day, a buddy of mine showed me some pictures a Guppy polish she had bought and the rest, as they say, is history. I ran to eBay and ordered three of them for $3.55 each shipped. I believe that Guppy is a Korean brand, but I ordered the polishes from a seller in Hong Kong. They arrived about 10 days later, and this is the first one I've worn, Guppy 13.

First off... sanding fruit extract? Yeah, I don't know either.


I can't tell you how great this polish is. Formula is great, it dries really fast. It does dry down to an almost matte finish, but it's not a matte polish. It's glitter, and how.


It does dry VERY gritty, and it is a super thirsty glitter. I topped it with Gelous + Pro FX Quick Dry and when it was dry, it was still gritty. I put another coat of Pro FX on it... still gritty. O.O


So I tossed a coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails on it this morning... still gritty. I have no idea how this is possible, but at that point, I decided to just deal with it. I'm willing to put up with a little grittiness for something this beautiful.




It actually was freaking out my camera a little bit. I took a few shots where my fingers were completely in focus, but my nails were blurry because my camera couldn't figure how to focus with all the shine. ^.^

 

Amazing, no?

This is the seller I purchased these polishes from. And just for reference, if you want to search on eBay for them, you have to search for CUDDV rather than GUPPY. It's listed the wrong way, I guess because of the font on the bottle.

Anyway, as always, thanks for stopping by! Hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to a wonderful weekend! <3
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow... That is really beautiful. I never would have guessed that polish would look so amazing on the nail. This just might go on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sparkly!! I really want to order a few, but just don't know which ones, they're all so pretty :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!