Thursday, November 3, 2011

FingerPaints Black Expressionism - My New Go-To Black

Like most lacquerheads, I felt like I was constantly on a quest for a good one-coater black polish that didn't cost an arm and a leg. I know a lot of people swear by Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, but it just never worked that great for me. It was super thick, even with thinner. It was an uncooperative consistency. Plus, it chipped really badly on me. I was just on the brink of breaking down and getting Illamasqua Boosh, when one of my nail buddies told me that she really likes FingerPaints Black Expressionism. I figured it was worth a $5.00 gamble to see how I liked it.


The verdict? I don't just like it, I LOVE it. Great formula, easy to work with. I could tell it would probably need thinning within a few uses, but meh, I can live with that. Super pigmented, what you see here is one coat.


I found that I was really enjoying having plain black nails, which I hadn't done in a while, so I left it on for about three days as a wear test. No chips, barely any tip wear. And I kept getting compliments on it, which I thought was funny cause it was like, "Thanks... they're just black?" =D


So if you're looking for a good black creme and you have access to FingerPaints, I highly recommend Black Expressionism. Love, love, love!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Great, jou found the right black polish.
    Black looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to try this one out! I used WnW Black Creme the other day and was just thinking how easily it chips on me, and that I need to find a new black. Thanks, Noelie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That black is AWESOME (well, based on my experience with FP ... I bet it is!). I love that you found the perfect one for you! I have Boosh (b00sh) but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm I may just have to swing by sallys tomorrow and pick this up :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hands look hot with black! i love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!