Monday, December 26, 2011

Butter London The Black Knight

The Black Knight was released as part of Butter London's 2011 holiday collection. It's a pretty singular polish, consisting of very, very fine blue, silver and pink glitter suspended in a black jelly base. Mine was pretty thick and required a few drops of thinner to get it to a better consistency.


I actually wasn't fond of this one the first time I wore it, but I was sick and there was the aforementioned thickness problem. I also wasn't seeing much of the pink or blue glitter, and now I think that was also because of the thickness and because I didn't shake it very well.


I'm really glad that I gave The Black Knight a second chance. It makes me feel like I have a galaxy on my nails. Simply stunning in person.


It does dry super, mega gritty, and it definitely needed some extra top coat. I used two coats of The Black Knight, and followed it with a coat of Gelous plus two coats of my usual top coat, Pro FX quick dry. Next time I wear it, I think I'll try a single coat over black to see if I can get away with using less top coat to smooth it out.


So in the end, The Black Knight took a little work for me to love it, but it was absolutely worth it. =)

Hope you all had a great holiday, whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, or the Winter Solstice. Hard to believe we're about to bid farewell to 2011!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I really like this polish, looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polish!! Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, I loved nail
    Kisses
    Appears at home.

    tata-nadaver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great on you! It's so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is totally perfect! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This polish is great in every swatch I've seen, including yours. So pretty!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Black Night! It is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this butter london! so pretty
    and your nails look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!